Suggestions For Setting Up
Meditation/Holy Hour At Parishes
So easy, just ask your Pastor if you can schedule one, advertise in bulletin/announcements,
order items from Prayer League,
download from website
- Holy Hours/meditations can be set up with the option of Benediction, exposition, adoration of Our
Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.
- Meditations can be found here on the website.
Look under meditations and you can select the one you want. Each meditation will have a
separate sheet of questions (that you can hand out) for quiet reflection or discussion. Please
check the website since new meditations and questions will be posted periodically.
- Before meditation, you may say Invocation of the Holy Spirit:
- Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them
the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created, and you will renew the face
of the earth. Lord, by the light of the Holy Spirit you have taught the hearts of your faithful. In the
same Spirit help us to relish what is right and always rejoice in his consolation. We ask this through
Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Before meditation, you may read the purple brochure that describes brief history of Father Walter so
that people can get a feel for Father Walter. You donít need to read the information about the Prayer
- Read meditation followed by quiet reflection or discussion using questionnaire.
- Consider reciting the Prayer of Surrender
at some time during the event.
- Make sure you have the purple brochure, prayer cards for distribution.
- Can schedule these events more than once as there will be different meditations to choose from.